PC Scholars Program Application: 2022-2023
Ideal Candidates Criteria Follows:
- Black Northeast Ohio High School Student
- Must be a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- 2.0 – 3.0 GPA (can be a bit above or below)
- Low Income and/or First-Generation College Student
- Have a high interest in Business or Entrepreneurship
- Ability to attend 95% of scheduled sessions
- Eligible to work in June 2023
Scholars are encouraged to take full advantage of the program’s many offerings and to engage in the learning process to their fullest capacity. To assist our PC Scholar high school and program graduates, all first-year college students are paired with a mentor from the College Now of Greater Cleveland Mentoring Program.
- Time commitment: Virtual and in-person Saturday meetings throughout the school year (generally two per month)
- Maintain a consistent and high level of engagement in PC Scholars sessions, discussions and activities.
- Ensure that you have all necessary materials, tools, and technology. Otherwise, please notify The Presidents’ Council for additional assistance.
- Attend a minimum of 95% of PC Scholars sessions.
- If three sessions are missed without valid reasoning, the student will be asked to leave the PC Scholars program.
- Two late arrivals to class = one absence. Arriving late by 15 minutes or more constitutes a late arrival unless prior notice is provided to The Presidents’ Council.
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Respond to emails and complete all assignments in a timely manner
- Provide advance notice of absences via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 216.771.8702 ext. 4