Please submit your resume and cover letter to Shaná Braxton
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Contacts: Internal and External Clients
FLSA Status: Commission/Non-exempt
Salary Range: Commission Only (90–day evaluation; Transition to salary + commission based on achieving established sales goals)
Hours: 40 hours per week required
Acting as a catalyst for inclusion, The Presidents’ Council Supports, Develops, and Advocates for our region’s current and future generations of African American entrepreneurs and leaders for sustainable wealth creation through Business Development + Entrepreneurial Support, Ecosystem Building (organizing & mobilizing), and Advocacy + Thought Leadership , Capital Formation + Investments; affecting influence and accountability at ALL levels that directly impact African American businesses and the communities we serve.
Position Title: Membership Sales Coordinator
The Membership Sales Coordinator (MSC) reports to the Director of Operations with overall accountability to the Executive Director and is expected to maximize his/her sales performance and engage in activity daily that will facilitate the attainment of the established sales goal. Growing and Retaining chamber membership is the positions priority. The MSC works independently, with support, and collaboratively with other Presidents’ Council staff in the following areas, among others: The Presidents’ Council Business Chamber (PCBC) program and event planning, coordination and evaluation; research to support program and event development; Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), internal and external meeting planning, promotion, logistics, facilitation and marketing publications/materials development; developing and maintaining existing, past, and potential PCBC member rosters and reports.
This position requires 40 hours per week, with some evenings and weekend hours.
The MSC must possess research, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to exercise extensive professional discretion, independent judgment, business acumen, and diplomacy. The MSC may also assume responsibilities for special projects and will assist with organizational-level communications activities as well as PCBC specific communications. This individual must quickly master protocols and procedures, adapt to a varied and changing workload, be well organized, and task oriented. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) and communicate effectively with board members, community partners, chamber members, elected officials, vendors, and constituents in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, positive attitude, high standard of personal accountability, attention to detail, and eagerness to learn and apply new skills are equally important.
- *Strong negotiation and sales skills
- *Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high productivity work environment
- Strong relationship management skills (recruit, retain, and reward)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to consistently reach and maintain membership sales goals (required monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals)
- CRM experience (i.e. SharpSpring, Constant Contact, SalesForce, Dynamics)
- Ability to work with diverse populations (entrepreneurs, corporate executives and managers)
- Ability to implement changes appropriately and effectively
- Can manage stress with ease
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and written
- Creative problem solver extraordinaire
- Willingness to work collaboratively with the Director of Operations to improve, implement and achieve company goals and vision as driven by Executive Director
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of a range of business software programs
- Confident and effective decision-making skills
- Fantastic motivator
- Diligent and proactive results-driven personality
- Ability to develop and execute effective year-long communications and marketing plan
- Technology skills (WordPress, eblasts, emails, videomail, etc)
- Ability to master existing & new social media platforms (SharpSpring, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning
- Outstanding ability to work effectively in teams of diverse people and organizations
- Strong organizational, computer, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- College Degree (Associates, Bachelors, Masters) or Equivalent Professional Experience
- 3+ years’ experience (Entrepreneurship, Advertising, Membership, Corporate sales)
- Experience successfully creating and/or driving membership sales and programming events that lead to membership sales
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Identifying and qualifying prospective customers through research, networking, and cold calling
- Develop and execute member recruitment strategies and systems. A significant amount of time spent must occur outside the office making sales visits including approved events to promote PCBC
- Develop and execute membership retention plan. Retention of members/memberships activities include annual outreach to every existing member of the chamber to collecting on past due accounts, and several activities in between
- Work with Director of Operations to ensure CRM system is accurate, up-to-date, and meets the needs of staff and members
- Effectively communicate all aspects of member fulfillment so that members are aware of, and receive, the membership benefits and privileges to which they are entitled
- Involved in membership renewal process, including assisting the Director of Operations in identifying members who need special attention and/or who are candidates for upgrading membership
- Provide general staff support as needed in relation to Chamber events and operations when needed
- Plan, manage, attend and support quarterly PC Nights
- Plan, manage, attend and support New and Prospective Member Mixers, etc.
- Attend and support Monthly Business Forums
- Develop and execute plan to return lapsed members
- Provide analytics and feedback to the Director of Operations concerning member questions, concerns, requests, and interests so that we may address and tailor future planning and responses
- Scheduling appointments and meeting existing customers to identify and qualify potential prospects and present current product offers
- Aggressively follow-up on business opportunities and prospective members
- Utilize the CRM to continuously update all prospects on Company product modifications, changes, and enhancements
- Provide customer service and after-sales follow-up
- Create, utilize, and maintain membership and advertising sales materials
- Market all chamber programs and events to potential, new and existing members as needed and assigned by Director of Operations via traditional and nontraditional media
- Maintain CRM, including data entry and troubleshooting
- Format, mail, and track member communication emails
- Manage membership renewal system, including order fulfillment and thank you notes
- Help members with profiles and logins
- Maintain membership directory in the CRM
- Provide regular statistical and analytical reports on membership to Executive Director and the Director of Operations
- Blind copy Director of Operations on all member email communications
- Build relationships with members and affiliates
- Recommend updated stories and articles for chamber web site relevant to potential members, new members and/or member retention activities and publish once approved
- Other Duties as Assigned
**This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management
deems necessary. Any changes or updates will be communicated by management. **
FY 2020 2020 – 2021 Goals for Membership Sales Coordinator
Activity Reporting Requirements
The MSC shall complete a Sales Activity Report each week by the end of the day on Friday and deliver it to the Director of Operations via email or in person. Monthly Sales Reports must be turned in no later than the fifth of the month for the previous month. Additionally, the MSC will provide a monthly Travel and Expense Activity Report no later than the fifth of the month for the previous month.
Expected Sales Results
The MSC is expected to begin an aggressive effort to maximize initial sales activity directly after a ONE-WEEK training period. MSC is expected to reach Minimal Sales Targets within 30-45 days and Acceptable Sales Targets within 90 days. Activity and performance will be evaluated on a weekly basis during the first 90 days.
Minimum Sales Targets
- Sales goals – 12 new sales/month
- Revenue goals – $6400/month in new sales
- based on (8/$300 + 2/$500 + 2/$1500)
- Renewal goals – 75% retention rate (evaluated per month and per year)
Minimum and Acceptable Sales Targets are intended to describe what is the minimal expectation of the Company and should not be misconstrued as the ultimate goal of the MSC. MSC should seek to excel in his/her sales activity and push to attain the highest level of sales possible. However, MSC is not guaranteed employment by meeting any level of sales.
Commission Only Structure
Commission: Figures are based on new revenue sold and paid each calendar month as well as renewals.
- 1/3 commission on new sales
- 5% commission on renewals
Payments: MSC will receive payment on a biweekly basis from the previous biweekly earnings, contingent upon satisfaction of all other requirements on this Agreement.
Salary + Compensation Structure
Salary: Eligible after successful completion of 90-day evaluation, promotion offer and acceptance.
Commission: Figures are based on new revenue sold and paid each calendar month as well as renewals.
- 25% commission on new sales
- 10% commission on renewals
Monthly Sales Period: All commissions are paid on sales completed and paid by the last day of the previous month.
Sales Reports: Sales and activity reports for the month must be submitted by the fifth of each month for the previous month to receive commissions.
Commission Payments: Commissions are paid the second pay period of the month for the previous month’s earnings, contingent upon satisfaction of all other requirements of this Agreement.
- MSC must meet acceptable levels of new sales to receive residual commissions and submit all required reports in a timely manner.
- If Company terminates Employee’s contract, he/she shall receive commissions on all completed sales up to the date of termination, residuals for the previous month, and prorated commissions for the month in which the termination occurred.
- MSC shall forfeit any previously paid residuals or commissions if Company does not receive the associated customer payment or the customer otherwise defaults or terminates a contract prior to the end of the month without complete payment. Forfeited commissions shall be deducted from future commissions.
MSC shall be reimbursed for expenses related to travel and mileage at the current IRS rate for travel from the office to a sales appointment, between sales appointments, and from a sales appointment back to the office at the end of the day. If MSC will travel home after the last appointment, mileage will be reimbursed for miles that exceed the distance between his/her home and the office. The Company shall provide a mobile (iPad) and/or laptop device that MSC is to maintain in good condition and use solely for business purposes. MSC is responsible for any associated costs for personal use of the Company’s mobile (iPad) device. Upon termination of employment in this position or upon request by Company, MSC agrees to return all Company-owned equipment and related documentation/user manuals to Company in good condition. MSC shall submit a monthly Travel and Expense Activity Report no later than the fifth of each month for the previous month’s activity. Company DOES NOT authorize entertainment and meal expenses.
**This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary. Any changes or updates will be communicated by management. **