- At least 75% of the intern’s work would be deemed professional in nature, implying that no more than 25% of the intern’s time will be spent in activities such as filing, copying, or answering telephones.
- Businesses receive grant to cover the interns hourly rate + $1000 to cover payroll expenses
- Intern must be added as a temporary employee to company’s payroll
- Intern employee will be a temporary employee of the grantee business
- Business must submit job description listing internship jobs/duties, days, hours, and rate